Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My first CORPORATE DATE.....direct from office

My work has ended already and thus starts the herculean task of passing time before I can leave….its not that I don’t like being here, but the very fact that everyone is very busy (its financial year closing time here) and thus they are unable to allot any wok to us and thus we are totally free but bound to the clutches of the office walls and discipline…

I started my first “corporate date” just 4 days ago and already passing time has become an issue…well the first day was classic in its own sense…we were two joinees and we reached office before time at 9:15 AM and thus paid the price of waiting for some extra time…we had to wait for an hour or so before some came to brief us…she briefed us for half an hour and then left us on our fate before one of our seniors bumped into us and introduced us to the entire staff….some time passed…

Everyone questioned our date of joining and said that we should have joined after 1st April only…but some said its good that u have joined now….this period of 6-7 days can be your “honeymoon period”…no work…no one to monitor u….just enjoy and relax….there was one more question which was directed towards us by almost everyone and this was “which team u are allotted in?” and we had no answer to that…

So after meeting the entire staff, we went on to have our lunch and for that we went to the food court downstairs and that helped the clock to tick fast for us…when we came back, the lady that briefed us in the morning caught us again and then we were allotted to teams and (un)fortunately I am in the team of a person who makes everyone work very hard…

Then I was shown my seat and given some documents to read…..now starts the fun…post lunch time and some uninteresting docs to read….no prizes to be given to judge what happens next…I find myself sleeping in the office…..so I went to the cafeteria to have some coffee and found one of my colleague there and did some chit chat with him….he said pass ur time till 4 yaar then IPL will start, so come to cafeteria and watch the match…

So this is how I spent my first day in office….
The next two days went relatively cooler for me…since I was given some work to do and this kept me busy and I got some learning too….nevertheless we will have to find ways to pass time till at least 1st April (closing ends and new financial year begins)…

4 comments:

  1. woww.....maujhe bhi aise hi office mein kaam karna hai....lekin m sure ki tum bina kaam k to nahi baithne wale....u uwd have askd for some or othr work from ur seniors.......
    well best of luck honey for the new journey ahead....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oye hoye...corporate date kya baat hai....
    kabhi normal date ki hai???
    mujhe to mana kar diya :(
    newaz gud ki u finally got to some place where masti > work ...
    njoii dear and best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, now that financial year is over, kal se kaam shuru?

    ReplyDelete
  4. conditions haven't changed much post new financial year beginning as well

    ReplyDelete